Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Day 3 - Rawlins, WY to Boise, Idaho

Good Morning....wow that was a rough night! Not much sleep at all. The hotel that we stayed at was horrible! We got a non-smoking room, but the whole second floor reaked of SMOKE!!! But we were too tired and exhausted to do anything about it. So our allergies acted up really bad and we did not sleep well at all. So the next morning I was really upset that we paid that kind of money for a non-smoking room and it was not; so I told Scott that I was going to go complain to management about it.(those of you that know me......I very RARELY do this.....but i was mad). So I went and talked to the manager, and he said you know when I came in last night I realized that the hotel did reak of smoke....I will let my boss know, and we are sorry! I told him that you can't claim that you have a non-smoking room if it smells like smoke, because that is not what I paid for, and he said I am sorry, we will take care of it. I was so mad that I just walked out....I told Scott what he said, and so now he was mad and went in to talk to him. He told him that you have a card in our room that said if we were not happy for any reason you would make any accommodations to make the situation right, and all you can say is sorry, you won't even credit our bill. The guy told him that your wife did not ask for a credit...........oh I was steaming now.......I told him that I should not have to ask for a credit, you have an unhappy customer and you should show some hospitality and make the situation right. I was SOOOO MAD!!!! Scott looked at me and told me that we were not in Texas any more and so there was no such thing as hospitality.....lol. God Bless Texas!!! I miss it already!!! Needless to say we got a LITTLE credit,and we left.....I didn't even want to eat at their continental breakfast I was so mad! So we went across the street and filled up with gas, and got some breakfast at McDonald's! Then we were on our way out of Wyoming!!!






It was crazy.....you would be driving along in the mountains......nothing around for miles and miles......and then all of a sudden you would see these HUGE plants out in the middle of nowhere!!!

Then we got REALLY close to the windmills on the side of the road!!! They are HUGE!!!

Welcome to Utah!!!! We entered Utah about 11am and where anticipating driving through the Rocky Mountains!!! We knew that it would be a better trip through the mountains than when we went through Wyoming, because it was a beautiful day, no rain, snow, etc., and so we were looking forward to getting to see some awesome country!!! Of Course....there was still some HEAVY winds!!! Here are some pictures of our journey through the Rocky Mountains! One of the things I liked the most about Utah is that it was amazing how green the mountains were, and there was a LOT of the red clay rock mountains.....how does anything grow on rock mountains! AMAZING!!!!








This is a picture of the Devil's Slide...it was very interesting...when the snow melts it becomes a waterfall down the side of the mountain!!!

This is a picture of the Rockies behind....we drove through that!!!! Once we got through the mountains we were hungry, and so we stopped in Ogden, UT and ate lunch at Chili's!!! YUMMY!!! This little town was so BEAUTIFUL, as you can see it was really close to the mountains, and they had this view from everywhere in there town. Can you imagine! It was breathe taking! Everywhere you looked there were HUGE beautiful mountains with snow on them!!!

The following pictures are of us leaving Ogden, UT and headed to Idaho!!!


Then about 5pm we arrived in Idaho!!! Welcome to Idaho!!! Idaho was very green and had very uniquely shaped mountains! Very different from Wyoming and Utah!!! It was breathe taking in it's own way!!! Here are some pictures on the way to Boise, our destination for the day!!!


It was so neat that you could see for miles and miles, and then you would see this circle of tree's and then you would see a house right in the middle of the trees. Because it was SOOOO windy on the crop fields the surrounded their houses with really tall trees to help block the wind some!!!

These were the trees that they used to block the wind. They were REALLY cool...so tall and skinny!!!
Then we came up on tree farm that grew those tall trees! It was really cool looking!!!

There were also LOTS of cows in Idaho, and so I had to take some pictures for Riley, because she LOVES Moo's!!!


About 5:30 we arrrived in Boise, Idaho!! YEAH!!! I was so ready to get out of the car.....my bottom was numb, my back hurt, and my hands were sore!!! We decided that since we had been ahead of schedule and cut a day out of trip that we would splurge and stay at a nicer hotel then we had been, and so we decided to stay at the FairField of Marriott, and as it turned out it was cheaper than any of the hotels we had stayed at prior on our trip....lol....we got a good laugh...which was needed!!!
So we checked in and then we decided that we wanted to go to a local popular restaurant for dinner. So we asked around and decided to go to the Stage Coach Inn!!! It has been around since the 50's, and they are famous for their fried Prawns. Well if you are like us......we did not know what the heck prawns were...anybody? They are fried shrimp, but HUGE fried shrimp, about twice as big as Jumbo shrimp in Texas!!!! And they were YUMMY!!!


Dinner was YUMMY, but I was soooo ready to get back to the hotel and go to bed. After not sleeping well the night before, and driving for three days, i just wanted to go to sleep. So that is what we did....Good Night!!!

No comments: