Saturday, May 16, 2009

My Mother's Day Blessings

I hope that all my mom friends and family had a wonderful Mother's Day! I had a wonderful weekend spending time with my wonderful husband and sweet blessing of a daughter! I feel so honored and blessed to be her mommy, and am enjoying every minute of it! Although there are stressful and frustrating times, there are way more happy, joyous, memorable moments that out weigh the other! Although we were in Washington for Mother's Day, and did not get to see mine or Scott's mom, we got to see them on the web cams that we got them for Mother's Day! That was so awesome....it is so neat that we get to see and talk to each other; and Riley LOVES it!!! She comes up to the computer and goes through a roll call of everyone she has seen on the web cams to see if they will just magically pop up! It is really cute! Scott and Riley pampered and spoiled me on Mother's Day, and I enjoyed every minute of it! Scott and Riley got up Saturday morning and washed my car, polished my leather, and cleaned the wheels! That gave me some much needed alone time, and they also worked very hard cleaning my car! It was great! Then that afternoon after Riley's nap we headed to Walla Walla, WA where they were having there 35Th Annual Hot Air Balloon Stampede; it was about an hour away! We had read all about it, and there was a car show, children's museum, arts and crafts show, hot air balloons, fire works, concerts, etc. We were looking forward to a fun filled afternoon.......well......things didn't turn out the way we had planned. The car show was over, and we got to see the cars driving away as we were arriving, the children's museum had closed at 3pm and it was 3:05pm, the arts and craft show was a garage sale, and there were no hot air balloons to be seen. So we decided that we would get something to eat to try and waste some time, because it was still 3 hours until the concert and fireworks. When we went to check out the food, it was a bunch of those taco stands on wheels ( the roach coaches if you will). I refused to eat at one of them, so we found one set up that looked like the knew what they were doing, and everything looked pretty clean and sanitary, so we got corn dogs and lemonade! That wasted about 30 more minutes, and I was beginning to feel more and more uncomfortable about where we were, so we decided to go ahead and head home and just hang out there! As we were heading to the car we saw a bunch of hot air balloons laid out getting ready to blow up and take off. Woohoo!!! This is what we wanted to see, and there wasn't and kind of barricades at all, you could just walk right up to all the balloons. It was awesome. Riley really liked seeing all the balloons, but she got really scared when they would blow their torches and make the loud noise. So we sat around on the grass and watched all the balloons blow up and take off. It was really cool! Then we went to Baskin Robbins for Ice Cream...yummy!! Then on Sunday they took me to IHop for breakfast and I had yummy strawberry crepes! Then we went shopping at Best Buy to get my Mother's Day present....a new digital camera....YEAH...I really needed one. I am a little embarrassed carrying around my taped up camera!! LOL!!! Then we went home and took naps, and then they took me to dinner at Olive Garden!! Thank you so much Scott and Riley for the wonderful Mother's Day! I am going to enjoy my camera and really enjoyed all of the pampering! I love you both to pieces, and am so blessed to have you for my husband and daughter!!!

Riley sneaking some lemonade out of her daddy's cup!!! LOL!!!


Riley pointing to all the different balloons taking off in the sky!


Bye - Bye Bawoons!!!


Drinking MORE Lemonade!!!!




Riley had her first real drink of lemonade at the Stampede.....take a look and come to your own conclusion on whether you think she likes it or not! I think she likes it a lot....LOL!!!




Riley helping mommy open her Mother's Day cards!!!

No comments: